[Openstack] [Metering] External API definition

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed May 9 15:59:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Nick Barcet <nick.barcet at canonical.com>wrote:

> On 05/08/2012 08:27 AM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> [..]
>
> Thinking about this, I think we need to expend the API a bit to reflect
> the evolutions of the schema that we decided last week.  Here are my
> proposals:
>
> > * Requests allow to
> >   GET account_id list
>
> change to: GET [user_id|project_id|source] list

Does the [value|value] syntax mean "choose one" or "combine"? I assume
"choose one" and you are using square brackets because parens are used in
some of the other queries.

> >   GET list of counter_type
> >   GET list of events per account
> >     optional start and end for counter_datetime
> >     optional counter_type
>
> change to: GET list of events per [user_id|project_id|source]
>     optional start and end for counter_datetime
>    optional counter_type

Users may cross projects, so I'm not sure it makes sense to ask for the
events generated by a user without restricting it by the project. At the
very least we may need to allow them to specify user_id or project_id or
both.