[Openstack] [nova] why does notification use a "topic" exchange instead of "fanout"?

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 8 23:42:32 UTC 2012

The reason nova uses a topic exchange and queues like it does is so the processing of notifications can be round-robined to multiple workers.  You should be able to open a new queue on the same exchange and receive copies of each message.