[Openstack] quantum UI in essex

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue May 8 04:42:10 UTC 2012

Hi Yi,

There are no plans for an Essex-compatible version of Horizon + Quantum
integration, and new work to integrate Quantum into Horizon will use Folsom
APIs.

The reasons for this have been covered in previous threads, but the gist is
that in Essex quantum networks must be created via Nova (e.g., using
nova-manage) to integrate with Nova IP Address Management logic.  Thus, the
existing Quantum + Horizon code that creates networks via the Quantum API
directly won't work as expected.

Quantum's Folsom API will include IP Address Management constructs due to
the merge with Melange, and this API will be used by Horizon to create
networks by only directly contacting Quantum.

Dan

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt