[Openstack] Missing(?) keystone service catalog

Nick Lothian nick.lothian at gmail.com
Sat May 5 14:09:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a user with the "admin" role on
> 35357: http://paste.openstack.org/raw/15160/

Thanks!

This works for me, mostly.

keystone --os_username=admin --os_password=password
--os_auth_url=http://192.168.1.50:35357/v2.0/ service-list
No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneclient.v2_0.client"
+----------------------------------+------+---------+-------------+
|                id                | name |   type  | description |
+----------------------------------+------+---------+-------------+
+----------------------------------+------+---------+-------------+

I don't understand why this is empty.

in /etc/keystone/keystone.conf I have:

[catalog]
template_file = /etc/keystone/default_catalog.templates
driver = keystone.catalog.backends.templated.TemplatedCatalog

Isn't the idea that it reads from the default_catalog.templates file?

That has entries like:

catalog.RegionOne.compute.publicURL = http://192.168.1.50:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s
catalog.RegionOne.compute.adminURL = http://192.168.1.50:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s
catalog.RegionOne.compute.internalURL =
http://192.168.1.50:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s
catalog.RegionOne.compute.name = Compute Service

Why doesn't that show up?

> And then as "joe" on 5000: http://paste.openstack.org/raw/15161/

This does not work for me:

keystone --os_username=demo --os_password=password
--os_auth_url=http://192.168.1.50:5000/v2.0/ service-list
No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneclient.v2_0.client"
Unable to communicate with identity service: 404 Not Found

The resource could not be found.

   . (HTTP 404)

I appreciate all the help - I feel like I'm missing some critical
point that should be obvious!