[Openstack] [Metering] Meeting agenda for today 16:00 UTC (May 3rd, 2012)

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Thu May 3 12:22:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting, Thursdays at 1600 UTC <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=0&sec=0>. Everyone is welcome.
I propose an agenda based on the discussions we had on this list.

http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
Topic : schema and counter definitions

 * counter definitions
   * Proposed http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering#Counters
 * schema definition
   * Proposed http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering#Storage
 * discuss storage assumptions
   * the storage will store all events
   * no aggregated value is permanently stored
 * discuss API assumptions
   * the API provide a sum() function to aggregate values
   * the API may transparently store results of the sum function in a cache
 * discuss event collection
   * events are collected from a components when possible
   * ceilometer agent is installed on a node when the a component does not provide the value
   * contribute to the component instead of developping a ceilometer agent plugin
 * engaging discussions with core components
   * nova
   * cinder
   * glance
   * swift
   * quantum
 *  open discussion

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com