[Openstack] [client] Where will client API libraries live?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:06:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com> wrote:
> Will the new unified CLI also provide Python bindings, so people can write
> Python scripts against the libraries that ship with the CLI (like
> python-novaclient)? Or is that out of scope?

We use the existing API libraries from python-*client projects.
openstackclient replaces the shell (UI) of the existing clients.

> does it include client API libraries?
> * not directly, abstract out common ancestor classes

We discussed at the summit factoring out the common bits of the API
libraries and putting those into openstackclient, but that is not the
immediate priority.  I think we need a bit more thought about use
cases for, say, glanceclient requiring openstackclient even in a
stand-alone installation.

dt

--

Dean Troyer