[Openstack] [client] OpenStack Client Followup

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Tue May 1 18:49:11 UTC 2012

Doug Hellmann (doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Doug Hellmann
> > <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com> wrote:
> > > Do we need to specify this beyond saying that all subcommands must use
> > > argparse for argument parsing (the new framework depends on it anyway, and
> > > then they are all consistent)?
> >
> > We should document that, I had just assumed it until now.
>
> Agreed.

Sorry, that made me think of another newbie question - is the
intention that all actions (including user- / site- / vendor-specific
extensions) *must* be implemented in Python using the client API
modules?  Or will it also be able to support extensions simply by
dropping arbitrary openstack-ACTION executables on $PATH?  I like the
way git lets you do the latter, e.g. I have a bunch of shell scripts
named git-something in my own ~/bin which help me extend git and
automate my git workflows, and they can still be invoked via `git
something'.  In case you're curious, here they are ...

  https://github.com/aspiers/git-config#readme