[Openstack] Glance Architecture

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Tue May 1 16:34:56 UTC 2012

Hi Brian,

Thanks for circulating this -- it looks more efficient for both
data and metadata.

A couple of quick queries...

1) Caching

If your image is located in swift you can choose to go directly to swift
to fetch the image.  Will this image also now be automatically cached
on the glance server, so next time around when you query the server
you will be given a local filesystem location?

2) Access control

If the user can go directly to Swift to access an image does that
mean they can bypass Glance and directly delete that image? (Putting
meta-data/data out of sync.)

Thanks,

-Stuart