[Openstack] Quota classes

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 12:31:26 UTC 2012

> I wanted to let everyone know about a quota classes blueprint I've
> submitted; you can find the details here:
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/quota-classes
> * http://wiki.openstack.org/QuotaClass
>
> I've already implemented this blueprint and pushed to Gerrit, but
> have
> it -2'd for right now since we haven't opened trunk yet for Folsom.

Hi Kevin,

A couple of quick questions on how this quota class mechanism is
intended to work ...

- how is the mapping between project and quota-class established?
  I was expecting a project_quota_class_association table or
  some-such in the nova DB. Is this association maintained by
  keystone instead?

- is the quota_class attribute currently being set on the request
  context anywhere in the dispatch path? Is the idea that the auth
  middleware takes care of this?

Cheers,
Eoghan