[Openstack] Essex keystone with remote glance endpoint

Jason Hedden jhedden at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 19 18:13:33 UTC 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, at 12:58 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> On 03/19/2012 01:13 PM, Jason Hedden wrote:
>> When following the documentation at https://review.openstack.org/#change,5190 I'm having trouble getting Glance to authenticate via Keystone.  I have this working when everything is installed on a single system, but can't seem to find any winning combinations to get a multi-host installation working.
>>
>> # glance  -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0' index
>> Failed to show index. Got error:
>> Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.
>
> Try specifying the tenant name with -T <TENANT_NAME>.

With both the admin, and glance user I get:
glance # glance -T service -I glance -K glance -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Not authorized to make this request. Check your credentials (OS_AUTH_USER, OS_AUTH_KEY, …).

glance # glance -T openstackDemo -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Not authorized to make this request. Check your credentials (OS_AUTH_USER, OS_AUTH_KEY, …).

Just to verify that I'm speaking with keystone at all:
Without the -T:
glance # glance -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Failed to show index. Got error:
Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.

With a bad password and no -T:
Failed to show index. Got error:
Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.
glance # glance -I adminUser -K blah -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Not authorized to make this request. Check your credentials (OS_AUTH_USER, OS_AUTH_KEY, ...).