[Openstack] nova volume attachment issue

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 03:29:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM, jsb <jay_s_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am able to create a volume (Essex released version). But, I am not able to
> attach it to an instance.
>
> I am using the following in nova.conf:
> --iscsi_ip_address=10.1.2.0

Is that correct?  shouldn't it be like 10.1.2.*

> --iscsi_helper=tgtadm
>
> But, still, I am getting "iscsiadm: No portal found" error in
> nova-compute.log.

What about if you try to discovery the targets directly?  do you know
the host the volume is on?

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p <ip_of_host_where_volume_is>

> I have open-iscsi, iscsitarget and tgt started.

You probably don't want iscsitarget & tgt - if you're nova.conf is set
to tgt - try to purge iscsitarget & the dkms.

Good luck!

-clayg