[Openstack] Deleting a volume stuck in "attaching" state?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 20 15:52:30 UTC 2012

> A strategy we are making in Nova (WIP) is to allow instance
> termination no matter what. Perhaps a similar strategy could be
> adopted for volumes too? Thanks,

The 'nova-manage volume delete ...' solution worked just fine in this
case...but in general, as a consumer of the software, we would really
prefer to be able to delete things regardless of their state using
established tools, rather than manipulating the database directly.
I'm always worried that I'll screw something up due to my incomplete
understanding of the database schema.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>       |
Senior Technologist                                | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/