[Openstack] glance_api_servers vs. glance_host vs. keystone?

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Jun 18 14:37:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 10:18 -0400, Nathanael Burton wrote:
> What's the point of a service catalog (list of endpoints) if we don't
> want to use it?! Looking up endpoints should be a cacheable request
> and in the grand scheme of things -- low impact.

We do use the service catalog, quite extensively—on the client side.
>From nova to glance, I suspect we don't use the service catalog, since
nova just uses the delegated credentials from the user.  Looking up the
service catalog is indeed quite cacheable; however: I don't believe that
such code has been added; it may be necessary to pierce abstraction
boundaries to perform that caching; and the glance endpoint is likely to
be pretty static anyway, and thus fine for setting by means of
configuration.  And again, it has been a while since I looked at that
code path…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>