[Openstack] [Metering] Meeting agenda for Thursday at 16:00 UTC (June 14th, 2012)

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu Jun 14 17:44:59 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 12:39 PM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The metering project team holds a weekly meeting in #openstack-meeting,
> Thursdays at 1600 UTC. Everyone is welcome.
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
> Topics for this week:
>
> * Review last week's actions
>   * dhellmann: submit plugin branch for review and merging
>   * dhellmann rename plugin to engine for storage backend
> ex-plugin-now-engine system
>   * dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine methods
>   * nijaba to propose a google spreadsheet calculator to estimate volume
> of metering message (including nova, swift, cinder, quantum)
>
> * Discuss and hopefully agree on meter configuration mechanism [1]
>
> * Discuss proposing ceilometer as an incubated project
>
> * Prepare documentation and framework for plugin contributors
>
> * Establish communication with swift/quantum/cinder on best points of
> interaction for our agents
>
> * Status of the essex compatibility effort that jd___ is leading
>
> [1]http://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.launchpad.net/msg12859.html

Here is the summary of the meeting that took place:
==========================
#openstack-meeting Meeting
==========================

Meeting started by nijaba at 16:00:06 UTC.  The full logs are available
at http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meetin
/2012/openstack-meeting.2012-06-14-16.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  16:00:16)
* actions from previous meetings  (nijaba, 16:00:45)

* nijaba: to propose a google spreadsheet calculator to estimate volume
  of metering message (including nova, swift, cinder, quantum)  (nijaba,
  16:03:12)
  * LINK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtziNGvs-uPudDhRbEJJOHFXV3d0ZGc1WE9NLTVPX0E
    (nijaba, 16:03:29)
  * ACTION: nijaba to point to the calculator in the blueprint  (nijaba,
    16:06:21)

* dhellmann: submit plugin branch for review and merging  (nijaba,
  16:06:36)
   * DONE

* dhellmann rename plugin to engine for storage backend
  ex-plugin-now-engine system  (nijaba, 16:07:03)
   * DONE

* dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine methods
  (nijaba, 16:07:22)
  * ACTION: dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine
    methods  (nijaba, 16:08:01)

* Discuss and hopefully agree on meter configuration mechanism  (nijaba,
  16:08:21)
  * LINK:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.launchpad.net/msg12859.html
    (nijaba, 16:08:35)
  * AGREED: push meter configuration to a future version  (nijaba,
    16:21:49)

* Discuss proposing ceilometer as an incubated project  (nijaba,
  16:22:16)
  * AGREED: propose ceilometer as an incubated project  (nijaba,
    16:30:13)
  * ACTION: nijaba to send a proposal to the mailing list  (nijaba,
    16:30:29)

* Prepare documentation and framework for plugin contributors  (nijaba,
  16:30:45)
  * ACTION: dhellmann: look at existing plugins and pick one of each for
    examples in docs  (dhellmann, 16:35:12)
  * ACTION: dhellmann: email info on examples to nijaba  (dhellmann,
    16:36:04)
  * ACTION: nijaba to prime the doc once info received from dhellmann
    (nijaba, 16:36:34)

* incubation  (nijaba, 16:37:31)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/ProjectTypes  (nijaba, 16:37:45)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Approved/Incubation
    (ttx, 16:37:54)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/TechnicalCommittee
    (ttx, 16:47:13)
  * ACTION: nijaba to prepare incubation application for review at the
    next meeting  (nijaba, 16:48:02)

* Establish communication with swift/quantum/cinder on best points of
  interaction for our agents  (nijaba, 16:49:10)
  * ACTION: dachary talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try
    to create cooperation  (dachary, 16:52:50)
  * ACTION: dhellmann to talk to Quantum devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (dhellmann, 16:53:26)
  * ACTION: dachary to talk to swift devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (dachary, 16:54:47)
  * ACTION: nijaba to talk to cinder devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (nijaba, 16:55:01)
  * ACTION: dachary talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try
    to create cooperation (i.e. nova)  (dachary, 16:55:45)
  * ACTION: jd___ to talk to glance devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (nijaba, 17:00:03)

* Status of the essex compatibility effort that jd is leading  (nijaba,
  16:57:24)
   * In progress, to be continued next meeting.

Meeting ended at 17:00:51 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* dachary
  * dachary talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
    create cooperation
  * dachary to talk to swift devs about integration with ceilometer
  * dachary talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
    create cooperation (i.e. nova)
* dhellmann
  * dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine methods
  * dhellmann: look at existing plugins and pick one of each for
    examples in docs
  * dhellmann: email info on examples to nijaba
  * nijaba to prime the doc once info received from dhellmann
  * dhellmann to talk to Quantum devs about integration with ceilometer
* jd___
  * jd___ to talk to glance devs about integration with ceilometer
* nijaba
  * nijaba to point to the calculator in the blueprint
  * dhellmann: email info on examples to nijaba
  * nijaba to prime the doc once info received from dhellmann
  * nijaba to prepare incubation application for review at the next
    meeting
  * nijaba to talk to cinder devs about integration with ceilometer

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* nijaba (131)
* dhellmann (61)