[Openstack] ZFS/ZVol + iscsi for volume

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Jun 11 18:53:56 UTC 2012

Also, there is a serious problem with the divergence of EOL schedules between the FreeBSD and Debian camps. Basically, the FreeBSD kernel and other bits will go EOL before the Debian bits will. You need to have a certain amount of faith that the small Debian/kFreeBSD team and/or your own team will be able to sufficiently provide the necessary security backports and hotfixes.

For this reason, the support for stable releases of the kFreeBSD releases, in a sense, may be considered significantly shortened compared to standard Debian releases.

--
Eric Windisch