[Openstack] [Metering] Agent configuration mechanism

Julien Danjou julien.danjou at enovance.com
Wed Jun 6 10:36:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 06 2012, Nick Barcet wrote:

> Maybe the problem of discrepancy of configuration is more an issue for
> metering than for other components? At least that's my belief.

[…]

Sure, I don't say that it's useless to have a centralized configuration
management in our case. I just think that it shouldn't be our problem to
fix that right now, and that we shouldn't spend our energy trying to fix
this.

Deployers use configuration management tools to handle this in various
OpenStack components so far. I think it's saner, for now, to let this
continue until OpenStack provides something better all components can
rely on.

I'm just having the feeling we're going out of scope here.
But this is just my opinion. :)

--
Julien Danjou
// eNovance                      http://enovance.com