[Openstack] depend discrepancies

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 5 17:44:08 UTC 2012

+100 for a list.

Please feel free to use something like what anvil has...

https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-Anvil/blob/master/conf/distros/ubuntu-oneiric.yaml#L64

Or a subset...

On 6/5/12 8:52 AM, "Monty Taylor" <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

Hey guys!

One of the things that came out of ODS is the idea of having a single
global dependency list. There are two bits to that - the mechanics of
managing the list (which I think we may have sorted) and then, you know,
making the list. In compiling the list of what the current global list
is, most of the things have clear and obvious answers. However, there
are three problematic deps: kombu, PasteDeploy and xattr. Here's what we
have for them:

./melange/tools/pip-requires:kombu==1.5.1
./glance/tools/pip-requires:kombu
./nova/tools/pip-requires:kombu==1.0.4
./cinder/tools/pip-requires:kombu==1.0.4

./keystone/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy
./melange/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy
./quantum/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy==1.5.0
./glance/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy
./nova/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy==1.5.0
./swift/tools/pip-requires:pastedeploy==1.3.3
./cinder/tools/pip-requires:PasteDeploy==1.5.0

./glance/tools/pip-requires:xattr>=0.6.0
./swift/tools/pip-requires:xattr==0.4

I have no personal emotions towards any of these versions ... but if
folks who matter could make some call on what they _should_ be, we can
move forward with the first step.

I should point out that at the moment we're looking at using update.py
from openstack-common to copy in the relevant depends from the master
list - so a project will only get the ones it needs. It also means that
a decision on a version here does not mean that everyone needs to move
to that version immediately ... just that we should be moving towards
supporting those versions before folsom, really.

Anywhoo... thoughts?

Monty