[Openstack] What does "nova migrate" do, exactly?

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Jun 5 07:04:34 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

do I understand correctly that "nova migrate" is intended to upgrade
an instance's configuration from one Nova version to the next? I can't
seem to find it documented anywhere, and would be happy to provide a
doc patch if my hunch is correct.

Also if my assumption is correct, would people agree that this is a
partial naming clash with "nova live-migration" which does something
completely different (which might confuse users)? And would "nova
upgrade" then perhaps be a better term for what "nova migrate" does
now?

Cheers,
Florian