[Openstack] shall openstack use Openfiler(iscsi target) as volume service?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:45:08 UTC 2012

The default iscisi driver doesn't support CHAP. If you want to use chap credentials for iscsi, you will have to modify the existing driver or create a new one.

for example, check out:

nova/volume/san.py

You simply need to write the provider location field with the chap credentials into the database properly and nova will use it. Should be a fairly easy change to add custom chap credentials (perhaps even based on a flag)

Vish