[Openstack] detect hypervisor

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Fri Jun 1 14:03:19 UTC 2012

OpenStack will default to use KVM, but you should just be able to add the flag libvirt_type="xen"

There are some been the odd issue found with that setup that has been fixed relatively recently, but you should be OK.

The logs should give you some useful error to see what is actually failing.

I hope that helps,
John