[Openstack] User Friendly Development

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Jul 27 17:57:08 UTC 2012

I worry that if the users meet just a day before the conference, we cannot consolidate the input. Having the time to work out that a large share of the users are blocked on a specific problem is an important input to the conference. A single user may have specific problems to be addressed but if these are shared by many others, the community needs to listen.

There is also a clarification required of what a 'user' is … cloud partners are both users and developers …. many people involved in the community have different hats with more/less engineering resource and more/less production deployment experience.

I'm happy to help to consolidate the current pain points. We should gather the data for both Diablo and Essex based deployments and it may well be that many of them are addressed in Folsom (but we should check to be sure).

Tim Bell
CERN