[Openstack] Possibility to have non python sub project in openstack

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 25 08:48:07 UTC 2012

Hengqing Hu wrote:
> Since what I see openstack now is a complete python stack, What I like
> to know is:
> Is it possible to have a non python sub project in openstack?
> How to make a non python project a sub project of openstack?
> Will mixed language projects in openstack be helpfull or messfull?

This would be a question for the PPB (or its future replacement, called
the Technical Committee). The current stance is that all core projects
should by Python, unless an extremely compelling argument can be made in
favor of another language. It's far easier to build a development
community around a single language.

That said, it doesn't prevent ecosystem/related projects from being
built in whatever language you prefer.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)