[Openstack] quota question

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:33:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Kiall Mac Innes <kiall at managedit.ie> wrote:
> Sounds like one solution alright..
>
> But - what about making quotas pluggable, like the scheduler?
>
> This would allow for even more complex quotas, like limiting the number of
> SSD backed instances across the entire cloud per tenant, while still keeping
> the core implementation lean.

That is probably a good long term direction, but not really a user
interface you want to point operators at. This is my major complaint
about the filter scheduler; it is a mightily powerful framework, but
the wrong UI for operators. (And I'm a scheduling wonk)

I think it is important to supplement this kind of solution with
several reference implementations included that cover primary
deployment use cases. This lets the feature be defined now for an
instance level constraint, and the backend change later.
 -nld