[Openstack] One question on the compute_filter

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 15:26:36 UTC 2012

Jim, thanks for your input very much.

I agree with you that architecture is better through instance_property.
For vm_mode or hypervisor_type, I'm not sure what will happen if an image can be used
in both Xen/KVM environment (I'm not familiar with the image code yet). But I agree that at least
it's better to be in instance_property than in flavor.

The blueprint in http://wiki.openstack.org/HeterogeneousInstanceTypes gives
some example of extra_specs, seems it includes cpu_info, cpu_arch etc. Although
 I'm not sure if this blueprint is valid still.

> What are the other commonly used extra_specs that are being checked by the
> ComputeFilter?  Are they properties of an image or a flavor?

Seems currently the ComputeFilter check extra_spec according to the host capability.
And the TrustedFilter check extra_spec for trusted host.

--jyh