[Openstack] Support for snapshot of LVM backend image

Boris Filippov bfilippov at griddynamics.com
Mon Jul 16 11:20:31 UTC 2012

Current snapshot implementation for libvirt driver doesn't support
snapshotting for everything except qcow2 (as i remember, because
virDomainManagedSave
will fail on everything except qcow2). So, maybe we can discuss it here.
This for sure can be implemented for lvm using lvm snapshots but it will be
unsafe doing snapshot on alive instance. LVM is much like raw right now and
raw doesn't support snapshots with current logic too.