[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 13 08:05:49 UTC 2012

Matt Joyce wrote:
> To certain extent I agree with george's sentiment.
>
> Recent example... we're changing tenants  to projects in the keystone api.
>
> Yes we maintain v2 api compatibility but there will be a cost to users
> in the confusion of decisions like this.  George is right to be calling
> for openstack to grow up.

I agree that technical decisions tend to be weighted towards developers,
which is precisely the reason why this thread was open on the
mailing-list, rather than silently decided by a PPB. We needed to hear
from users in that specific matter, to weigh the real drawbacks of the
options we had.

That said, being offensive and not constructive actually weakens that
party and makes your opinion less likely to prevail. There is no excuse
for going beyond the line.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack