[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Wed Jul 11 18:49:32 UTC 2012

On 07/11/2012 09:22 AM, Narayan Desai wrote:
> I also vote for option 1, but the migration path really needs to be
> solid and well documented.
>   -nld

I feel the same.  I think documented and tested migration paths are of
utmost importance here.  Unlike the Keystone -> Keystone Light
migration, people are actually using Nova volume in production right
now.   There were some facilities added in the later Keystone to help
with migration, but AFAICS Keystone adoption at the time wasn't to the
point where the migration path really mattered--not enough to have any
bugs being rasied, at least.

Anyone know if beginnings of such docs and utilities exist currently?

Adam