[Openstack] floating IP dns question

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 5 19:28:46 UTC 2012

Boris --

The floating IP functionality uses a plugable back-end driver which
communicates between the extension and the DNS server of your choice.
As far as I know, the only back end that's currently implemented is for
pdns, so unless you're running pdns over ldap you may have to write your
own driver to get things working.

The good news is that the driver interface is quite simple, and writing
additional drivers doesn't take long.  I wrote the DNS code and
implemented the one existing driver, and I'd be happy to coach you in
getting the code that you need put together (and potentially merged back
into Nova.)

Feel free to write me off-list about your setup and about what you need,
and I'll think about how to get you started.

-Andrew