[Openstack] Setting VM passwords when not running on Xen

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 4 09:32:47 UTC 2012

Scott Moser wrote:
> Is it for some reason not possible to have code that runs on first
> instance boot that reads the metadata service (or config drive) and sets
> the password appropriately?

I see no reason why you could not. Windows scripting supported both
running scripts at boot and setting user passwords last time I looked :)

Using the same mechanism as cloud-init on Linux sounds a lot better to
me than a Windows-only hack to enable server-side generation and two-way
communication...
--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack