[Openstack] Nova and asynchronous instance launching

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Mon Jul 2 11:38:45 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the pointer on the new notification on state change stuff, I'd missed that change.

Is there a blueprint or some such which describes the change ?

 In particular I'm trying to understand how the bandwidth_usage values fit in here.  It seems that during a VM creation there would normally be a number of fairly rapid state changes, so re-calculating the bandwidth_usage figures might be quiet expensive jut to log a change in task_state from say "Networking" to "Block Device Mapping".     I was kind of expecting that to be more part of the "compute.exists" messages than the update.

Do we have something that catalogues the various notification messages and their payloads ?

Thanks,
Phil