[Openstack] dashboard on fedora, misconfigured Nova url in keystone or missing openstackx extensions

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 13:18:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to get my cluster to run openstack on fedora. I don't get the
dashboard to work, can someone please help a bit?

I end up with this error on the web page:

"*Error: *Unable to get service info: This error may be caused by a
misconfigured Nova url in keystone's service catalog, or by missing
openstackx extensions in Nova. See the Horizon README."

and

*"Error: *Unable to get usage info: This error may be caused by a
misconfigured Nova url in keystone's service catalog, or by missing
openstackx extensions in Nova. See the Horizon README."

On the command line it says:

"
ApiException fetching usage list in instance usage on date range
"2012-01-01 00:00:00 to 2012-01-16 12:17:17.391849"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/root/src/horizon/horizon/horizon/dashboards/syspanel/instances/views.py",
line 83, in usage
    datetime_end)
  File "/root/src/horizon/horizon/horizon/api/deprecated.py", line 50, in
inner
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/root/src/horizon/horizon/horizon/api/nova.py", line 297, in
usage_list
    return [Usage(u) for u in extras_api(request).usage.list(start, end)]
  File
"/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/openstackx/extras/usage.py",
line 12, in list
    return self._list("/extras/usage?start=%s&end=%s" % (start.isoformat(),
end.isoformat()), "usage")
  File
"/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/openstackx/api/base.py",
line 27, in _list
    resp, body = self.api.connection.get(url)
  File
"/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/openstackx/api/connection.py",
line 78, in get
    return self._cs_request(url, 'GET', **kwargs)
  File
"/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/openstackx/api/connection.py",
line 63, in _cs_request
    **kwargs)
  File
"/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/openstackx/api/connection.py",
line 48, in request
    raise exceptions.from_response(resp, body)
NotFound:  This error may be caused by a misconfigured Nova url in
keystone's service catalog, or  by missing openstackx extensions in Nova.
See the Horizon README. (HTTP 404)
[16/Jan/2012 14:17:17] "GET /syspanel/ HTTP/1.1" 200 6784
"

My system is fedora 16 with openstack and dependencies pulled from rawhide:

openstack-glance-2011.3-2.fc16.noarch
openstack-swift-doc-1.4.4-1.fc17.noarch
openstack-nova-2011.3-18.fc17.noarch
openstack-keystone-2011.3.1-2.fc17.noarch

and the horizon/dashboard is pulled directly from git:

git clone  https://github.com/openstack/horizon

I had the openstack running before keystone. Then I noticed there is
keystone required by dashboard, so I installed it and verified the curl
manages to login. I configured admin token to dashboard local config, and I
added this option to nova.conf:

--osapi_extensions_path=/root/src/horizon/.horizon-venv/src/openstackx/extensions

I have a feeling the dashboard from git is not compatible with the older
version of nova from rawhide, could there be some openstackx stuff missing?
I added the above osapi extension option to point to a directory under
horizon, I don't know if that's right. Fedora openstack packages don't have
any openstackx stuff in them.

I manage login to dashboard as admin, so keystone works ok I assume. But
what should I do with the openstackx?

Here is my endpoint configs:

keystone-manage service add nova compute "Nova Compute Service"
keystone-manage service add glance image "Glance Image Service"
keystone-manage service add swift storage "Swift Object Storage Service"
keystone-manage service add keystone identity "Keystone Identity Service"

keystone-manage endpointTemplates add RegionOne nova \
http://10.20.106.105:8774/v1.1/%tenant_id% \
http://10.0.0.1:8774/v1.1/%tenant_id% \
http://10.0.0.1:8774/v1.1/%tenant_id% \
1 1

keystone-manage endpointTemplates add RegionOne glance \
http://10.20.106.105:9292/v1 \
http://10.0.0.1:9292/v1 \
http://10.0.0.1:9292/v1 \
1 1

keystone-manage endpointTemplates add RegionOne swift \
http://10.20.106.105:8080/v1/AUTH_%tenant_id% \
http://10.0.0.1:8080/v1.0/ \
http://10.0.0.1:8080/v1/AUTH_%tenant_id% \
1 1

keystone-manage endpointTemplates add RegionOne keystone \
http://10.20.106.105:5000/v2.0 \
http://10.0.0.1:35357/v2.0 \
http://10.0.0.1:5000/v2.0 \
1 1

keystone-manage endpoint add admin identity
keystone-manage endpoint add admin glance
keystone-manage endpoint add admin nova
keystone-manage endpoint add admin keystone

Any hints welcome!

 - ikke