[Openstack] Swift on RHEL/CentOS in prod?

Rustam Aliyev rustam at code.az
Tue Jan 10 16:48:49 UTC 2012

Hi Armando,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's interesting to hear that you
run 5.5.

My problem is Swift performance (only Swift, I wasn't interested in
Nova). I couldn't get beyond 6-7 writes/sec with 5 node Swift cluster
running on CentOS 5.7 (2.6.18-238.19.1.el5) and with RF=3. After
troubleshooting for a couple of weeks, we came to conclusion that CentOS
5.x is not supported. See my explanation here:
https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg06303.html

Right now decision was made to upgrade to CentOS 6.x, but it will take a
while.

Did you run any performance tests at all? Would be interesting to see
some swift-bench figures if available.

Many thanks,
Rustam.