[Openstack] Swift container ACLs and container visibility question

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Feb 23 22:25:20 UTC 2012

It all depends on the auth system you are using.

Below is for swauth and tempauth:

Are the users using the same shared storage? If so, set them up as .admin users with the same storage endpoint. If they are not using the same shared storage, then you may be stuck. The ACL support in swauth and tempauth is only on a container level (so you can't give permissions to do an account listing to see the containers in it). Of course, if this is something you need, then patches can be added to support this functionality.

--John