[Openstack] Wishlist bugs

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 14:06:32 UTC 2012

Hey,

Wishlist ("I want a pony") bugs that have sat in launchpad for an
extended period with no progress contribute to the general noise in
launchpad - for developers trying to fix stuff that matter to people,
they're not a very good source of information.

So, how about we do this:

  http://wiki.openstack.org/BugTriage

    Priority 8: Review wishlist bugs

    We should review all Wishlist bugs to make sure they are still
    relevant and properly prioritized.

    If a low priority Wishlist bug has seen no visible progress in
    several months, set its status to Opinion with a friendly comment
    e.g.

      Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like no-one is actively
      working on this Wishlist item and it is marked as Low priority. I
      am moving the bug to Opinion status so that it doesn't clutter up
      the default queries.

      If any one decides to work on the bug, please feel free to move
      it to In Progress.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark.