[Openstack] Associating virtual instance NICs to specific networks in quantum

Balamurugan V G balamuruganvg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 04:26:42 UTC 2012

Lets says, I create a Linux virtual Instance in an OpenStack private cloud
and associate the instance with two networks; A & B. It seems to associate
eth0 and eth1 to A and B respectively. But is there any way in which I can
specify that eth0 should be attached to network B and eth1 should be
attached to network A.

The quantum CLI 'quantum port-create' accepts just device-id and network-id
which is not sufficient to achieve the level of specificity I believe. Can
this be achieved today?

Also when will the Horizon UI and Quantum REST API reach feature parity
with the Quantum CLI? will it be in Grizzly or later?

Thanks,
Balu