[Openstack] Wiki content imported into MediaWiki - please check

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 19 18:57:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Nicolas Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com> wrote:

> At first glance, the Ceilometer main page [1] lost from [2]:
>
>  * last column from each table
>  * colors in tables
>  * did not convert macro <<Navigation(children,1)>> to list sub pages
>
> [1] https://wiki-staging.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer
> [2] http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer
>
> What's the recommended path:
>  1/ edit the pages to fix them or
>  2/ wait for the conversion macro to be improved?
>
> Given the loss of data in tables, I would hope for 2...

My vote is to edit the pages to fix them. The conversion script is a giant
hideous mess of perl. Overall I think we'll be able to fix most issues
quickly in a doc sprint by editing the pages.

for <<Navigation(children,1)>> we can use:

1. An extension: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SubPageList
2. A built-in feature: {{Special:PrefixIndex/Ceilometer}}

SubPageList is more flexible in how the output is displayed and doesn't
disable page cache like PrefIndex. I'll add that extension today.

- Ryan