[Openstack] openstack libvirt lxc

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 21 15:58:09 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:19:34AM +0800, 廖南海 wrote:
>> Who use the lxc virtual machine?
>> Please give me some advices?
>
> My advice would be not to use LXC since, as it exists today, it is not
> secure. ie root within the container can break out & compromise the
> entire host. This is not really the fault of OpenStack, but rather the
> fact that the Linux kernel container support is still under development
> and does not provide all the pieces required to form a secure solution.
>
> Daniel

This is all true, but depending on your environment and the level of
trust you give to your users, this might not be an issue....also if you
are testing on ARM server, this is all you have for now ;)

-Robbie

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner