[Openstack] Essex installation problem, vm/chroot, Ubuntu 10.04

Tero A Kauppinen terror96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:15:32 UTC 2012

Hi all

We are trying to setup a puppet script to install Essex on a VM running
Ubuntu 10.04. The purpose is also setup the installation in a chroot
environment on that VM. Currently the start up process fails to the
following error:

glance.common.exception.ImportFailure: Failed to import requested
object/class: 'glance.registry.api.v1.API'. Reason: cannot import name
Random

Further digging reveals an interesting detail: on the host machine
(Ubuntu 12.04):

 > dpkg -L python-crypto
(snip)
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto/Random/random.py

whereas in the chroot environment installation no such class is
available in 'python-crypto'.

Do I need to manually upgrade the package? If yes, any recommendations
to which version (i.e. link)?

Thanks,
Tero