[Openstack] What is the most commonly used Hypervisor and toolset combination?

Boris-Michel Deschenes boris-michel.deschenes at ubisoft.com
Thu Aug 16 13:31:35 UTC 2012

That would be great Jim,

I've built a cloud that uses CentOS+libvirt+Xen 4.1.3 to do GPU passthrough and I just love to be able to use libvirt with Xen, this setup makes a lot of sense to me since our main, bigger cloud is the standard libvirt+KVM, using libvirt across the board is great for us.

I'm following your work closely, the GPU cloud is still using libvirt+xend but when I move to Xen 4.2 my understanding is that I will need libvirt+xl (xenlight) so I guess there's still some work to be done in libvirt there...

The reason I want to move to Xen 4.2 is the GPU passthrough of NVIDIA GPUs... currently, with Xen 4.1.3, I successfully passthrough ATI GPUs only.

Boris