[Openstack] Manually attaching iSCSI volume to an instance

Rafi Khardalian rafi at metacloud.com
Mon Aug 13 19:25:49 UTC 2012

We ran into this issue as well and just patched a fix into our
distribution.  Basically, the patch will re-establish iSCSI connections
anytime an instance is hard rebooted.  The Nova configuration option
"start_guests_on_host_boot" ultimately results in executing the same code
as a hard reboot, which is why we opted to patch it into that function.

I've attached a copy of the patch to my response, which should apply
cleanly to stable/essex.  I'm planning to submit the patch upstream, since
I do not see a fix for it anywhere, even in Folsom.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you.
---
Rafi Khardalian
Vice President, Operations | Metacloud, Inc.
Email: rafi at metacloud.com | Tel: 855-638-2256, Ext. 2662