[Openstack] Live Migration with libvirtError

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Aug 9 09:45:18 UTC 2012

On 08/09/2012 07:55 AM, 王鹏 wrote:
> HI everyone,
> when I test live migration use NFS ,that's my sitting according to
> http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-live-migrations.html
>
> 1.add this line /var/lib/nova/instances *(rw,sync,fsid=0,no_root_squash) in /etc/exports
> 2.mount -t nfs 172.18.32.7:/var/lib/nova/instances /var/lib/nova/instances at compute
> and change some setting in libvirt.conf and libvird-bin.conf add a option -l
> 3.restart service
>
> then I create instance in compute node ,find error
> that's my nova-compute.log as follow:

> 2012-08-09 13:13:03 TRACE nova.manager libvirtError: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

> what's /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock'?
> why this error?

That usually means libvirtd isn't running.
I'd double check the libvirt option settings you changed,
and then check in /var/log/libvirt/

For reference, here are the Fedora notes for configuring the feature:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL#Live_Migration_of_VM_instances

cheers,
Pádraig.