[Openstack] [Quantum] Removing quantum-rootwrap

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 8 14:49:29 UTC 2012

Chuck Short wrote:
> How much work would would be needed to get this added in quantum?

It's actually *in* Quantum right now, it's just not working. It misses
filter definitions, and Quantum code grew some adherence with using
"sudo" directly. So it's a lot of work to fix, a bit late in the cycle
to do that.

And since Quantum is not ready (at all) to deprecate usage of
"root_helper=sudo", the behavior and configuration of a fixed
quantum-rootwrap would differ from nova-rootwrap and cinder-rootwrap,
which would look bad from an integration/doc perspective.

Since I think quantum-rootwrap never actually worked, I prefer to remove
it rather than shipping it broken... Unless someone says it uses it with
great success and can share his magic branch with us :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack