[Openstack] LBaaS IRC meeting notes

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 22:09:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

Below are the meeting notes from the IRC meeting about LBaaS which
took place on Aug 2.

The logs can be found at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2012/openstack-meeting.2012-08-02-17.00.log.html
[19:18:27 .. 19:56:41]

=== Status on our side ===
https://github.com/Mirantis/openstack-lbaas
* HAproxy and ACE implemented to some level.
* F5 to be finished in 6 weeks. By that time driver API will be stable.
* Support for device capabilities (drivers report them, users request
them) on its way to master.

=== Discussion with Dan Went of Quantum ===
Dan said:
* Quantum is moving up the stack: "L2 in essex, L3 in folsom, and in
Grizzly we'll be moving into L4-L7"
* Many people in Quantum are generally interested in LBaaS
* We need to make sure we're not duplicating effort by developing our
own CLI/GUI for LBaaS. We should at least integrate with the Quantum
CLI framework and generally collaborate with the Quantum community
(circulate blueprints and POC).

The next meeting will take place Aug 9, 19:00 UTC at #openstack-meeting.

--
Eugene Kirpichov
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekirpichov