[Openstack] Multiple vNICs for Multiple networks.

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:17:59 UTC 2012

Hi-

I have installed Openstack+Quantum+OVS in two machines.

One Controller and the other as node.

I have created tenant specific/labeled and public labeled networks.

Upon bringing up instances in a tenant, I'm able to see 3 types of IP
address for the instance. and Upon login into the instance, for "ifconfig
-a" I'm able to see eth0,eth1 and eth2 interfaces.

But for ifconfig, only eth0 is shown. If I do "dhclient eth1", I'm able to
get the ip address for the instance.

Is that for 'N' number of networks, instances get those many vNICs..?

Please help me understand the same.

--
Regards,