[Openstack] growing fixed-ip network

Christoph Kluenter ck at iphh.net
Thu Aug 2 09:58:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

I don't know how to handle the case when a tenant has used up all IPs.
We use FlatNetworking, so no Floating IPs possible.
So, when one tenant has used up all the IPs in their net, how can I assign another net
to the same tenant ? If I just assign another net, every new instance just gets an IP from both nets.
But if the first net doesn't have free IPs, I get the  exception.NoMoreFixedIps()
even if the second net still has lots of IPs.

Can this be solved with quantum ?

Cheers,
  Christoph
Christoph Kluenter                   E-Mail: support at iphh.net
Technik                              Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10
IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH      Fax: +49 (0)40 374919-29
Wendenstrasse 408                    AG Hamburg, HRB 76071
D-20537 Hamburg                      Geschaeftsfuehrung: Axel G. Kroeger