[Openstack] [glance] legacy client removal and python-glanceclient

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 18:11:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:06:10 -0400
Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't disagree with you. At the same time, I think Brian has a good
> point when he compares having two versions of SQLAlchemy installed on a
> system: it just doesn't make much sense.

But having glance(1) and super-duper-incompatible-glance-ng(1) installed
together makes a lot of sense. Count systems in the field that have both
ifconfig and ip installed. Millions and millions of them. Brian's analogy
with SQUalchemy is pretty amusing but fails to hide the fact that the
new binary is incompatible.

-- Pete