[Openstack] Instance stuck in deleting state with error

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wolfgang.hennerbichler at risc-software.at
Wed Aug 1 06:22:29 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 04:17 PM, Rohit Karajgi wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Have you updated the your python-novaclient?

no I didn't.

The 'nova reset-state
> <server> --active' command is pretty much there. It is an admin
> action in Nova extensions. $ nova help | grep reset reset-state
> Reset the state of an instance

thanks for the hint.
Wolfgang

> Regards, Rohit Karajgi | Lead Engineer | NTT Data Global Technology
> Services Private Ltd | w. +91.20.6604.1500 x 378 |  m. +91
> 992.242.9639 | rohit.karajgi at nttdata.com
>

> -----Original Message----- From:
> openstack-bounces+rohit.karajgi=nttdata.com at lists.launchpad.net
> [mailto:openstack-bounces+rohit.karajgi=nttdata.com at lists.launchpad.net]
> On Behalf Of Wolfgang Hennerbichler Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012
> 10:45 AM To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net Subject: Re: [Openstack]
> Instance stuck in deleting state with error
>
> On 07/30/2012 09:35 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>
>> That said, be aware that there is a "reset-state" command to
>> novaclient, so that you can do Chris's recommended reset without
>> having to muck around with the database directly.
>
> where? nova help | grep reset yields nothing. I think this is one of
> openstack worst weaknesses, that if the status of an instance is in
> error-state and one has to wade through a couple of logfiles
> (scheduler, nova-network, nova-compute) in order to find out what
> really happened. I would be superior if the error itself would be
> reported back to the database.
>
> Wolfgang

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest
confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged, confidential, and proprietary data.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to
this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments
without any further use, copying or forwarding

--
DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development

IT-Center