[Openstack] Client branches?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Apr 30 22:46:53 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 05:06 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if the clients (ie novaclient, keystoneclient) are
> supposed to have branches for “stable/essex” or not, they currently just
> have master and milestone proposed?

Hey!

They are as of right now NOT supposed to have stable/* branches - the
idea being that trunk *client should always work with trunk openstack as
well as previous stables. The key thing here being that an end user is
likely to want to use a client library to talk to an openstack cloud,
and they should not need to know which code release their cloud ran on.

We have a todo list item to expand gating for the client libs to run
against both trunk and stable server stuff ... but it's been a little
busy since the ODS and we haven't gotten to it yet.

Monty