[Openstack] Quantum Integration Part 3

Emilien Macchi emilien.openstack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:06:22 UTC 2012

Hi Dan,

Le vendredi 27 avril 2012 à 08:28 -0700, Dan Wendlandt a écrit :

> Which mode are you running OVS in?  VLAN or tunneled?  If you are
> using VLAN-mode (default) you need to add some physical interface to
> br-int, so that VLANs are trunked to the physical network.  Is it
> possible that eth1 was also the interface you were using for IP
> communication on the box?  That definitely won't work with OVS or the
> linux bridge.  I'll improve the docs around that to make this more
> clear.

I'm using default mode : VLAN.

> Can you ping me with the error messages (can be offlist)?  I still
> don't understand what you misconfigured, or how you fixed it.

I actually had an issue when I executed : ovs-vsctl add-port br-int eth1

I checked on the log and could see that Quantum-Agent didn't start.
After inverstigation, it's seem that it was looking for a free physical
interface to bridge. I released eth1 and all worked very good.

> Great to hear.  As I mentioned in a previous post, Horizon + Quantum
> isn't complete.  You won't be able to create networks using Horizon,
> or boot VMs while specifying a particular set of vNICs.  If you're
> interested in helping this work move forward more quickly, I'm happy
> to put you in touch with the right people.

Of course I am !

I'm writing a documentation to install OpenStack Essex from scratch with
Ubuntu 12.04 with Quantum & OVS. I will to release it soon :-)

Regards

--
Emilien Macchi
Phone : +33 685 117 748