[Openstack] database migration cleanup

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 27 14:21:17 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 03:24 PM, Dan Prince wrote:
<snip>
> I think this scheme would support users who follow stable releases as well as users who follow trunk very closely.
>
> We talked about this at the conference but I thought this issue might be near and dear to some of our end users so it was worth discussing on the list.
>
> What are general thoughts on this approach?

Is there any support in sqlalchemy, or related tools, to handle
migrations the way rails does, where a schema file is created at the end
of every migration? It would be ideal if we both had a full migration
history, as well as a short cut at any snap shot to get to the end.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center